My photo
Berlin, Frankfurt, Paris, Chapel Hill, Boston, Istanbul, Calgary, Washington DC, Austin, Tunis, Warszawa and counting

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The President Plays (AC Reed)

AC Reed: The President Plays

Considering Bush's approval rates are plummeting, I thought it appropriate to put up a song about his predecessor. I hope all of you noticed the Republican's rebellion against the president (torture, the port issue and eavesdropping, making it (at least) three and counting), I love it, the seperation of powers is finally getting its due again. This whole rally-around-the-flagg effect (which is bullshit anyway I believe, plus sorry about the usage of this worn-out term here) seems to finally have gone where it should, down the drains.

Ali Farka Toure passed away which is why I thought I should have two songs for the day. Here is Bonde of the album he did with Ry Cooder.

No comments: