My photo
Berlin, Frankfurt, Paris, Chapel Hill, Boston, Istanbul, Calgary, Washington DC, Austin, Tunis, Warszawa and counting

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

No More The Moon Shines On Lorena (The Carter Family)

No More The Moon Shines On Lorena (The Carter Family)

I've said this before, why does no one in the US begin to attack Bush more for his absolute failure in catching these Al-Qaida leaders, shouldn't that be the most pressing task for him?

The Boondocks rule today and I found this gem in the NY Times. Can't really add anything to that article, because I am (a) really tired and (b) just totally agree.

My first week in the German parliament shapes out to be a complete waste of time since most likely no one will be able to give me anything to do until next week. After that it's supposed to get better. If that turns out to be true, then this week actually suits me well, since I have to write this complicated paper on the US Senate. I'll talk some more about that as soon as I am done with it. Two remarks on the parliament though. Number one, the library there might be the sexiest thing I have ever seen, the amounts of current magazines and books is just astonishing, in a way wish I will never get any work and just spend my time reading there. Number two, they actually have a gymn and a weight room in there, including a really nice hoop court. So first thing tomorrow morning (before my guided library tour at 9) will be to shoot some hoops and go into the weight room for a while. Hope to reestablish my momentarily completely screwed up mental health with that again (created by an overload of work or stress coupled with having to sit around for hours not being able to do anything). Wish me luck.

No comments: