My photo
Berlin, Frankfurt, Paris, Chapel Hill, Boston, Istanbul, Calgary, Washington DC, Austin, Tunis, Warszawa and counting

Thursday, October 16, 2008

American trade policy / la politique commerciale américaine

So, I just wrote my first paper and had my first oral presentation in France. I wrote the text in English and wanted to do the presentation in the same language but then I got pissed off at myself for chickening out and under consideration of the fact that I don't really care about my grades here decided to do everything in French. Thus, I rewrote the whole thing in French (with friendly assistance of this terroristy kid from some crappy, small town in the South of France somewhere). If you care to read a short summary of American trade policy, check it out. Lots more could be said about this and my footnotes show where one could take this I think. Interesting subject to say the least.

As a side note, Paul Krugman on his blog posted a really easy introduction into trade theory, you should read it if you don't know much about this topic.

Je viens de donner ma première exposé à Sciences Po et j'ai écrit une synthèse sur le même sujet (avec un peu d'aide d'un copain terroriste à moi). Je l'avais écrit en anglais au début, mais je veux apprendre quelque chose ici, alors je me dis que cela servirait à rien à la fin et je l'ai traduit en français. Si la politique commerciale des États-Unis vous intéressez, lisez-le. Je le trouve un sujet fascinant et je crois qu'on peut voir qu'il y a beaucoup des possibilités d'élargir cette synthèse.

No comments: