My photo
Berlin, Frankfurt, Paris, Chapel Hill, Boston, Istanbul, Calgary, Washington DC, Austin, Tunis, Warszawa and counting

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Le Vent

Georges Brassens

American politics is so corny sometimes, it is unbelievable, check out Barak Obama (one of the two biggest candidates for the Democratic nomination as of right now - the other one being Hillary Clinton - for those of you who don't keep up with American politics as obsessively as I do) doing a skit right before Monday Night Football. Can anyone imagine Merkel, Chirac or Blair doing something like that? I am not even claiming this is inherently negative, just bizarre for a European like me who is used to public leaders trying to be stately and nothing else (meaning no humour - and I exclude Blair here, don't know enough about British behaviour to really judge this).

No comments: