My photo
Berlin, Frankfurt, Paris, Chapel Hill, Boston, Istanbul, Calgary, Washington DC, Austin, Tunis, Warszawa and counting

Thursday, January 04, 2007

C.S. Lewis

I watched the Chronicles of Narnia on my computer a while ago and really liked that movie - even if it was for kids. When someone told me that the movie was based on an English classic series of books for children I decided to read those. All in all there are eight novels in the series, I've read three of them by now and will not start any of the other ones. The Lion, the With and the Wardrobe, The Magician's Nephew, and Prince Caspian were all decent enough. In fact, the first one I really liked, but they were all just a little bit too similar to each other. This - of course - might have been due to the fact that they are children novels after all. I did enjoy the three though, only shouldn't have read them as fast after another as I did. The premise is that there are multiple worlds and that entries into one filled with witches, kings, and dwarfs exist for us to be found. Followingly, a changing number of kids enter that fantasy world and experience adventures which lead to them restoring, establishing, founding a good and just kingdom. Recommendation in regard to this series has to be differentiated. If you have a son, daughter, nephew, whatever of a certain age, go for it and read the book yourself as well. Just don't buy it for yourself only.

No comments: